Clinical studies have shown that brushing with toothpaste containing Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) leads to an increased number of canker sores when compared to brushing with SLS free toothpaste*. Verve Ultra is SLS Free and formulated for everyday use.
Active Ingredients: Sodium Fluoride 0.24% (w/w)...Cavity Prevention Aid
Use Aids in the prevention of dental decay.
- Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age.
- If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older: brush teeth thoroughly, preferably after each meal or at least twice per day, or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Instruct children under 6 years of age in good brushing and rinsing habits (to minimize swallowing).
- Supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision.
- Children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor.
Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Cellulose Gum, Flavor, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Saccharin, FD&C Blue 1, D&C Yellow 10.
Distributed by Salient Features, LLC
Hinsdale, IL 60521
Made in U.S.A.
In addition to sodium lauryl sulfate, one clinical study also found a somewhat elevated canker sore incidence from another common toothpaste detergent, cocoamidopropyl betine (CAPB), when compared to a detergent-free toothpaste. Verve Ultra is also CABP-free.
* 1. Chahine L Sempson N, Wagoner C. The effect of sodium lauryl sulfate on recurrent aphthous ulcers: a clinical study. Compend Contin Educ Dent 1997;18:1238–40. 2. Herlosfson BB, Barkvoll P. Sodium lauryl sulfate and recurrent aphthous ulcers. A preliminary trial. Acta Odontol Scand 1994;52:257–59. 3. Herlosfson BB, Barkvoll P. The effect of two toothpaste detergents on the frequency of recurrent aphthous ulcers. Acta Odontol Scand 1996;54:150–53 (aphthous ulcers are commonly referred to as canker sores)